Offer: One the first ever mobile feature films completed in 2008! Max Shleser’s mobile-mentary (mobile documentary) Max With A Keitai on DVD. Click here for a trailer and info for the film. *Must purchase ticket to participate and receive free gift. Register by 2/13/13 by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that the work is not available for sale. It has been shown internationally at the following events:
- Mobile Phone Video Production, Te Papa Tongarewa, Museum of New Zealand, June 2011
- Videoscope, Le Havre, France, December 2010
- HeART beat Festival, Ekaterinburg, Russia, November 2010
- Mobilefest, Museu da Imagem e do Som do Estado, San Paulo, Brazil, September 2010
- Pocket Film Festival, Pairs, France, June 2010
- FLEFF Film Festival, ITHACA College, New York, USA, April 2009
- East End Film Festival, FILMOBILE screening, Rich Mix, London, April 2008
- FILMOBILE, London, April 2007
- Conflux Festival, New York, USA, September 2007
DATE: February 14th (10-3pm) & February 15th (10-3pm)
The class is to launch our school by introducing Dr. Max Schleser as one of our leaders in the mobile film school. Dr. Schleser comes to us from Massey University in Wellington, New Zealand and the project, Mobile Innovation Network Aotearoa. Max, the curator of the International Mobile Innovation Screening 2011 & 2012, will show films from the New Zealand based film festival. Max will talk about “mobilementaries” (mobile documentaries) that he filmed in Japan, Saudi-Arabia, Russia & the Cook Islands.
Conrad Mess is also leader to our mobile film school and plans to be in San Diego this year. Mr. Mess is famed by The Fixer, which won a number of film festivals around the world, including the International Mobil Film Festival by S. Botello Productions™. Conrad has worked in Hollywood due to his mobile films and is an avid supporter of our mission to inspire filmmaking using cell phones. Stay tuned for an announcement about master classes by Conrad Mess in San Diego.
We have a special guest from New York: Jeff Turboff. Jeff is an award-winning freelance editor with credit on many major television networks. He is currently with ABC’s Nightline. Jeff will present how he created “Fools Parade” by Trumpeter Swan using his mobile phone.